To View Fees for Services follow the online booking link and click on the “Services” tab under our header. Costs and descriptions are provided.
- We can provide a superbill for you to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement if you do not have the plan that we are covered under. Call your insurance company to see if they cover out of network providers (massage or acupuncture), and ask if there are any exclusions or limitations. (For example, some plans only cover acupuncture for pain.)
- You can use your FSA or HSA to pay for services, and some may require a superbill.
- The Foreign Services Benefit Plan covers a portion of acupuncture and massage!
Important Information about Acupuncture Coverage with Insurance:
- Nicole and Noah are participating providers with BlueCross BlueShield. Additionally Noah is a participating provider with Cigna. If you would like to use insurance to pay for your treatments, please call your carrier to make sure that acupuncture is a covered benefit under your plan, and if there are any exclusions or limitations.
- The Federal Employee Plan, PPO Standard Option covers acupuncture, the Basic Option does not.
- To check to see if you have acupuncture benefits with CareFirst, log on to your account and select the tab “Manage my Plan”. From there you can type in acupuncture, and select the detailed benefit information. Please note the Comments section: If it says “Acupuncture services are considered by this plan only when performed in place of anesthesia and approved or authorized by CareFirst”, we are not covered under your plan.
Not all BlueCross plans cover acupuncture when performed by a licensed acupuncturist, so it is important that you find this out ahead of time, please!