The idea of health has become so elusive these days. A casual scroll through your TV channels
will give you all manner of conflicting information about what it even means to be healthy.
Every other day there is a flashy new trend, or a “can’t fail” diet, or a sleek looking piece of
exercise equipment. It is difficult to know where to start.
But here is what we do know: Diets don’t work. They are based on the concept of willpower,
deprivation, and distrust of the body. The rigid rules of dieting turn food into a commodity, a
reward and a punishment. They rob food of its healing, sacred qualities. It is no wonder that so
many people experience anxiety and guilt about their relationship to their bodies and the very
food that nourishes them.
No one approach works for everyone. We all have unique nutritional needs based on lifestyle
and our individuality. Through Holistic Health coaching, we will create a sustainable,
meaningful program that is tailored to your unique needs. The point is not to “shed pounds”
or “lose inches.” Our goal is to help you reconnect with your body as a vehicle for living an
Benefits of working with a Health Coach:
• Increased Energy
• Sustainable Weight Loss
• Improved Digestion
• Improved Complexion
• Support to Reach Health Goals
• Tools and Knowledge to allow you to maintain wellness beyond our time together
- Healthy Eating Tour ($40) Truly the only way to be in control of your health & what goes in your body is to master the art of homecooking. And it starts at your local grocery store. Demystify healthy grocery shopping on a budget & effectively plan meals for nourishment & vitality.
- Kitchen Assessment ($125) The key to health is home cooking. Program your kitchen to work for you: stock it w/ the essentials every homechef needs, get the healthiest ingredients, purge refined junk masquerading as healthy food (we all have it!) & embrace culinary adventures ahead.
- Food for the Week Cooking Lesson ($125) The art of home cooking is truly the only way to control what goes into your body and take charge of your health. In 90 minutes you can master healthy meal planning & prepare ingredients to mix and match throughout the week to create easy, inspired dishes.
Holistic Health Coaching 3-and 6-Month Program Descriptions:
Each person is unique, and these programs are tailored to individual and topics may change accordingly. We have included a detailed description of the coaching programs that are available.
3 month program (6 sessions includes 5 free gifts and one special service)
- Session 1: Get your Green on! Greens are #1 Food missing from American diet. Learn why they are so vital to your health and how to easily integrate them into your diet.
- Session 2: What’s in a grain? So what’s a whole grain anyway? I’ll give you a clue: it’s not in your cereal or your bread. This is hands-down my favorite topic because we examine the mis-education of the American consumer how to know when you are getting the bonafide whole grains that are integral to building energy and vitality throughout the day.
- Session 3: Pyramids, Plates, and Thinking outside of the USDA Box. Examine the evolution of mainstream nutritional education in this country, its trappings, and learn how to design a nutritional practice that responds to your unique bioindividuality and nourishes your physical and emotional health.
- Session 4: Protein, Energy, and Vitality. Whether you are vegan, vegetarian, pescatarian, omnivore, or just plain choosy, learn about all the different sources of protein out there that will give you the fuel you need to build your energy, vitality, and productivity.
- Session 5: Choose your Special Service!
- Session 6: Intuit, Indulge, Inspire. Our concluding session for the health coaching program. Reflect on all of the components of a sound nutritional practice that will continue to sustain and inspire you beyond the time we have spent together.
6 month program (Includes 10 free gifts and 2 special services)
- Sessions 1-5 are the same as the 3-month program
- Session 6: Deconstruct Cravings. Somewhere in our nutritional conditioning, we have been trained to think that willpower, or deprivation and mistrust of the body’s natural cues, is the foundation to healthy eating. Screw that. Learn how to interpret the cues of what your body is telling you when it is craving sugar or salty or fatty foods and how to respond with healthy choices. Deprivation be gone.
- Session 7: Nourishment Beyond the Pantry. We will examine the importance of fulfilling relationships and a self-care practice in a cultivating sound health. Learn how to honor and give back to your body – your vehicle for an inspired life. You guys are in it together for the long haul.
- Session 8: BellySatva. Tap into your gut intuition and create the foundation for sound digestive health. Modern medical research continues to make unravel the ways in which the neurological and digestive systems inform one another, and the catastrophic effects of stress on their proper function. Learn how to unlock your gut intuition to improve your digestive health.
- Session 9: Food Energetics. Ever notice the effects of certain foods on your mood? Of course you do. Learn the secrets of mindful eating and examine the types of foods to build into your nutritional practice to cultivate emotional and spiritual wellness from the inside out.
- Session 10: Yoga of Food. Another fan favorite. Explore the basic teachings of Ayurveda, or classical Indian medicine, and how to honor unique individual body constitutions through a thoughtful nutrition practice.
- Session 11: Chose Your Special Service!
- Session 12: Intuit, Indulge, Inspire. Our concluding session for the health coaching program. Reflect on all of the components of a sound nutritional practice that will continue to sustain and inspire you beyond the time we have spent together.