Niki is a participating provider with BlueCross BlueShield. However, you may also have coverage under any in- or out-of-network plan. Fill out the form on the sidebar of this page and we will be happy to let you know of your eligibility.
Acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Reiki
Niki is the owner of Pekoe and a nationally certified and licensed acupuncturist, and has extensive experience using the body’s energy systems to help balance and restore the body’s natural flow of Qi. Her preferred course of treatment is to incorporate energy work and massage into her sessions in order to help you achieve both wellness and tranquility.
She believes in an all-encompassing approach to treatment. Acupuncture is but one key to optimal health, and encouraging a lifestyle that integrates multiple modalities within the boundaries of natural wellness and holistic medicine is the most effective way to achieve harmony, balance, and good health.
Born in Japan due to her father’s service in the Air Force, and spent most of her childhood in England. She and her older sister traveled the world, and through her travels Niki developed an interest in holistic healing practices. The name “Pekoe” was actually coined by Niki’s nephew while he was attempting to say “Aunt Pickle”, which was a childhood nickname thanks to Niki’s sister Danielle. She has spent most of her adult life in the Washington, D.C. area with a brief residency in Tempe, Arizona. She currently lives in Northwest with her cat Lucille, who barely tolerates her and certainly doesn’t like you.
Read More: Q&A With Niki….
Areas of Specialized Treatment:
• Mental and emotional disorders, anxiety, depression, ADHD, and stress
• Chronic and acute pain, headaches, and injuries
• Menstrual/fertility disorders
• Gastrointestinal disorders
Training and Continuing Education:
• Masters of Science in Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine: Rainstar University of Integrative Medicine
• Diplomat of Acupuncture: National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
• Bachelor of Arts in Integrative Studies with a specialization in Psychology: George Mason University
• Reiki Master Certification
• Master Tung’s Magical Points, Dr. Tan’s Balance Method
• NADA AcuDetox Training
• Mei Zen Cosmetic Acupuncture System
• Thai Yoga Therapy
• Practical Qi Gong for Optimal Health
• Herb-Drug Interactions and Herbal Alternatives to Drugs